After the NCR and other localities have been placed again on an Enhanced Community Quarantine this month, companies and businesses needed to implement alternative work arrangements. Of course, these include work-from-home setups and rotational skeletal office staffing. That is why more and more customers are looking for and availing of high-speed internet connection.
What is the actual scenario?
This then leads to most workers staying inside their homes, in front of their laptops, attending meetings remotely, and doing all their loads away from the office.
To some, this setup is beneficial because they don’t have to leave the comforts of their houses to do their jobs. However, in those farther areas where internet connections are not reliable or those employees who have no wi-fi at home, it’s common to encounter problems in accomplishing the things that they must do.
That is where the need for a fast, reliable, and unlimited internet comes in. In times like this, it is significant for remote workers to have a trustworthy internet service provider that can provide what they need: speed, stability, security, and affordability.
Streamtech’s got your back!
Worry no more! One of the Philippines’ newest fiber internet service providers is here to serve you. Streamtech, the telecommunications arm of the Villar Group, offers high-speed and unlimited internet at very affordable prices.
From as low as PhP 1,499, you can already get up to 25 Mbps fiber internet. This is perfect for your work-from-home setup, as you will be able to seamlessly do:
- Sending out e-mails
- Downloading and uploading documents
- Video Conferencing
- SD Streaming.
Additionally, Streamtech offers cable-internet bundles so customers can enjoy maximum entertainment. In collaboration with Planet Cable, users who availed of such plans get access to the most watched cable TV channels.
Step-up as an exemplar employee
Along with ensuring your internet connection is fast and stable, being at home doesn’t restrict you from still achieving the title of “model employee.” This is most especially true when attending virtual meetings or conference calls. Being prepared as if you’re working at the office also boosts your morale and sets up the vibe to accomplish things.
Below are some simple steps in preparing for your next online meeting:
- Dress appropriately. There may be chances that the facilitator or your boss will require you to open your camera during the meeting. Hence, it is best to always put on an appropriate clothing in anticipation of such scenario. Generally, blouses, shirts, or polo shirts will do.
- Do some technical tests. Check you video camera, speakers, and microphone. You should also have a back-up device as much as possible, should you encounter technical problems.
- Know the agenda of the meeting. As courtesy to everyone, you should be at least familiar with the objectives of the meeting. Most of all, you may never know when you’ll have a significant participation, so always be in the know.
- Ensure that there are no distractions. Being at home risks workers to a lot of distractions. These include noise, naughty kids playing, errands, unexpected family issues, and the like. Thus, when you know you have an upcoming meeting, prepare in advance. Look for a quiet place with stable internet connection and inform your family members that you will have this meeting so they can minimize any possible, unwanted circumstances.
- Be ready if you have a presentation. There will be instances where you are the one assigned to present. It’s either a proposal or a report. So, it is best to practice it before the day of the actual meeting. Don’t just read what’s on the slides. Be well-versed of the details and prepare answers to anticipated questions.
The end of this pandemic and its effects to the country is still unknown. With the circulation of these new Delta and Lambda variants, there’s nothing we can do but to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe by following minimum health standards.
However, this scenario shouldn’t keep us from being productive, most especially in our work and professional careers. You just have to get the quality resources you need, like smart devices and affordable fast internet. And the good thing is that ISPs like Streamtech have leveled-up their offerings according to what most people need.
4,879 total views, 4 views today