Grab Philippines launched its GrabBayanihan Vaccination Support Program to help increase vaccine access and education for Filipinos. The program includes a range of measures to encourage all consumers and driver- and delivery-partners to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Grab Philippines will also work closely with the national and local government units and leverage its ground fleet network and app to offer mobility, communications, and logistics support for their respective vaccination programs.
In a recent survey conducted by Pulse Asia, it revealed that 61 percent of Filipinos don’t wish to get inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine even if the shot is available. GrabBayanihan Vaccination Support Program is focused on vaccine access and education. As the Philippines begins to roll out vaccinations, Grab is committed to supporting informed and equitable access to vaccines for all Filipinos.
SWITCH TO HEAT-FREE ECOTANK PRINTERS
Access: To support easy access to the COVID-19 vaccine and to encourage its employees, partners, and consumers to get vaccinated through the local government units, Grab Philippines is committed to:
- Work with local and national governments to include Grab driver- and delivery-partners in the National Vaccination Program of the Philippine Government as economic frontliners.
- Work with its partners to provide pre- and post-vaccination telemedical consultation to help identify the comorbidity status of its driver- and delivery-partners, and connect them with their local governments for inoculation.
- Extend its Post-Vaccination Livelihood Protection insurance policy free of charge to cover the potential loss of income to driver- and delivery-partners resulting from COVID-19 vaccine side effects.
- Create a specialized fleet of vaccinated driver-partners to provide discounted mobility solutions for senior citizens and high-risk individuals or those with comorbidities going to and from vaccination centers.
- Subject to vaccine supply availability, Grab Philippines will subsidize the cost of COVID-19 vaccines for driver- and delivery-partners who are not covered by the national vaccination program.
- Cover the cost of COVID-19 vaccinations for all Grab Philippines employees and their immediate family members.
Education: Grab Philippines is working closely with the Department of Health to provide up-to-date vaccination information to combat misinformation and boost public confidence in COVID-19 vaccines.
- Together with the Department of Health, Grab Philippines will publish accurate vaccine and other public health information within dedicated high-visibility spaces in the Grab app.
- To help governments better understand the public sentiment around vaccines, Grab Philippines will launch a “COVID-19 Snap Survey”. The survey will enable the Department of Health to conduct lightning polls to gather real-time data on vaccine sentiment. Grab hopes this will enable public health authorities to better tailor their vaccine strategy.
- Grab Philippines will also conduct a series of workshops and town halls to educate its driver-, delivery-, and merchant-partners on the benefits of getting vaccinated.
1,093 total views, 2 views today