vivo is back again offering two of its latest mid-range phones the vivo V19 and vivo V19 Neo both supporting a 48MP AI Quad Camera, 32MP front camera, Super AMOLED display and more innovative features.
We will be checking out the vivo V19 Neo that supports a total of 5 professional-grade cameras and its new Ultra O Screen display design with a built-in 32MP camera providing a whole new viewing experience.
In the box
Seeing the packaging and the box, we were impressed with a premium look and quality of its design in a nice matte finish. Inside the box you’ll get the V19 Neo, Earphone, Documentation, Type-C to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, SIM Ejector, Protective Case, and lastly a Protective Film which is already applied on the phone.
We have the Admiral Blue color for this review and the other available color is the Crystal White.
Build and Display Design
On the front you’ll see its latest small floating hole in the display or as vivo calls it the Ultra O Screen design. It’s located on the top right corner rather in the middle which is much better and less annoying.
Located on the left is the SIM tray; volume control and power button on the right; a 3.5mm headphone jack, microphone, loudspeaker and a USB-Type C port at the bottom.
At the back you get this beautiful glossy Admiral Blue color made of a plastic glass material with the square-shaped AI quad camera setup placed on the top left corner.
vivo 19 Neo features a display size of 6.44-inch sporting an FHD+ Super AMOLED screen with an aspect ratio of 20:9 delivering a nice viewing experience. It’s vibrant with colors that are rich and sharp makes it good for watching videos and gaming. Additional features are an In-display Fingerprint scanning technology and covered with Gorilla Glass protection.
It weighs around at 176 grams with dimensions of 159.01×74.17×8.54mm
Camera and Video Quality
A total of 5 professional-grade cameras was equipped into the vivo v19 Neo.
First, we have in the front a 32MP camera enough to capture high-quality selfies or group shots. With an array of available photography modes such as Super Night Selfie, Portrait Light Effects (Portrait Bokeh included), AR stickers, Pose Master, Filters, AI Makeup, AI HDR, Burst, and Gender Detection.
For the rear camera we have four AI cameras that comprises a 48MP main camera, 8MP super wide-angle, 2MP macro lens and a 2MP bokeh lens.
Available camera modes on the rear camera are the Super Night Mode, Ultra Stable Video, Portrait Bokeh, Portrait Light Effects, AR Stickers, Pose Master, Filters, AI Makeup, Super EIS for videos, Super Wide-Angle (Photo+Video), Super Macro, Portrait Framing, AI HDR, Burst, SLO-MO, PRO Mode, Panorama, AI Scene Recognition, and DOC.
Here you can see our sample photos with the V19 neo:
As we have mentioned the vivo V19 Neo features a “Super Night Mode” and “Super Night Selfie” to further enhance shots during the night. You can see from the sample below with the Super Night mode that photos isn’t bad at all but there are some noise present and a hazy effect on the quality.
As for capturing video, you can choose from a wide range of resolution of 480p, 720p, 1080p and 4K with a selection of frame rates from 25 to 30 fps (auto) or 60 fps. There’s no support of a 4K resolution if you’re going to use the front camera.
You have the added option to use the Super Wide Angle lens with up to 2x zoom in video mode using the rear camera. While in the front you can choose the beauty mode to enhance your selfie videos.
Check out the video quality we took with the V19 Neo:
Operating System, User Interface and Software
The vivo V19 Neo runs on its very own Funtouch OS that’s based on Android 10. It has some additional software apps that is already pre-installed such as Lazada, Kumu, GCash, Opera, and Facebook.
It still has vivo’s AI assistant Jovi plus other helpful features that comes with the OS like the Child mode, Motorbike Mode, Ultra Game Mode, Navigate with Gestures, Digital Well-being and a Dark Mode option which can help the system save battery power. You can also check on the Dynamic Effects to have some cool animation from unlocking your phone, home screen, fingerprint recognition, charging, screen on/off and even just by inserting your USB in the port.
With Multi-Turbo turned on it enables apps installed to launch and run faster but requires a network connection. It even helps the games run more smoothly with deep optimization of the performance SDK.
There is a notable connectivity options included which is the vivoshare which enables you to share files to nearby devices such as smartphones, tablets, PC or even Macbook.
Performance, Benchmarks and Game Mode
The vivo V19 Neo is powered by a 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Octa-core processor with an Adreno 612 GPU on board the device. It has a memory of 8GB and 128GB phone storage but leaves you down to only 111GB available of space because of the OS and software that’s installed on the phone.
We got the following benchmark scores of the vivo V19 Neo:
- Antutu V8 Benchmark: 233, 280
- Geekbench: 513 (Single-Core Score) 1664 (Multi-Core Score)
- 3DMark: 1275 (OpenGL) 1213 (Vulkan)
- Androbench Storage: 506.08 mb/s Read / 192.06 mb/s Write
For gaming it can handle some of the popular game titles such as PUBG, Mobile Legends, and Call of Duty. So far it’s smooth and no lags was experienced during playtime with the said games. We might advise you not to put it at a higher graphic setting as you might occur some slow response rate.
It comes with a 4,500mAh battery using a 9V/2A charger that’s enough to last the day and gives you longer standby time. it took us around 1-hour and 55 minutes for the V19 Neo to get a full charge.
It got an average score of 806 with the Battery Testing Benchmark App with an estimate battery life of the following activities:
- Sleep: 60-hours 24 minutes
- Phone Call: 8-hours 9 minutes
- Movie: 7-hours 51 minutes
- Music: 9 hours 38 minutes
- 3D Game: 6-hours 40 minutes
What we like:
- Nice vibrant and sharp Super AMOLED display
- Fast In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- Long battery life
- Up to the mark photo quality with the 48MP rear camera and 32 MP front camera
- Ultra-wide cam is quite handy as well as Super Night Mode
- Available 4K video resolution
- Reliable OS mode features such as vivoshare, Kids Mode, Dark Mode, Dynamic Effects and Ultra Game Mode.
What we want:
- Higher refresh rate
- Upgraded processor
- Higher-amp fast charger than the available 18W
- Available Zoom and Wide Angle Lens for Front Facing Camera
Vivo V19 Neo Specifications
- Price: PHP17,999
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 AIE Octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Memory+Storage: 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM
- Battery: 4,500mAh with Dual-Engine Fast Charging (9V 2A)
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 10 (Based on Android 10)
- Display: 6.44-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Ultra O Screen
- Touch Screen: Capacitive Multi-touch
- Security: In-display Fingerprint Scanning Technology / Face Recognition / Screen Lock
- Camera: Front – 32MP Front Camera / Rear – 48MP + 8MP (Wide-Angle) + 2MP (Bokeh) + 2MP (Macro)
- Photography Modes: Front: Super Night Selfie, Portrait Light Effects (Portrait Bokeh included), AR stickers, Pose Master, Filters, AI Makeup, AI HDR, Burst, Gender Detection, Take Photo, Video Record.
- Rear: Super Night Mode, Ultra Stable Video, Portrait Bokeh, Portrait Light Effects, AR Stickers, Pose Master, Filters, AI Makeup, Super EIS for videos, Super Wide-Angle (Photo+Video), Super Macro, Portrait Framing, AI HDR, Burst, SLO-MO, PRO Mode, Panorama, AI Scene Recognition, DOC, Take Photo, Video Record and etc.
- Connectivity: USB (Type-C), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth (Bluetooth 5.0), GPS, OTG
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, E-compass, Gyroscope
- Colors: Admiral Blue & Crystal White
- In the Box: V19 Neo, Earphone, Documentation, Type-C to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, SIM Ejector, Protective Case, Protective Film (applied)
7,392 total views, 2 views today