Global apparel retailer UNIQLO today announces the launch of PEACE FOR ALL, an ongoing commitment to support peace efforts worldwide that uses UT (UNIQLO T-shirt) as the means for everyone to express their individuality. Conducted in collaboration with world-renowned leaders in the areas of art, design, literature, science and sport, PEACE FOR ALL aims to raise funds by selling T-shirts with designs that convey a desire for peace. UNIQLO parent company Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. will donate all profits from sales, no less than 20% of the sales price of each shirt, to organizations that provide humanitarian aid to those affected by poverty, discrimination, violence, conflict and natural disasters.
UNIQLO has enlisted initial participation for this project from five creators from various fields who it has collaborated with in the past and will have a synchronized global launch of T-shirts with individual slogans and designs on Friday, June 17.
Overview of the PEACE FOR ALL Project
- Launch date: Starting Friday, June 17, 2022
- Product name: PEACE FOR ALL
- Price: Php 790
- Sizes: XS-3XL (Sizes available in stores are XS-XL; Sizes available inline XS – 3XL)
- Availability: UNIQLO stores and UNIQLO.com/ph
- Special Website: https://www.uniqlo.com/ph/en/contents/feature/peace-for-all/
Additional design creators after the initial June 17 launch include, in alphabetical order by last name (titles omitted): Ayumu Hirano, Rei Inamoto, Kosuke Kawamura, Shingo Kunieda, Christophe Lemaire, Kei Nishikori, Gordon Reid, Adam Scott, and Hana Tajima.
Donations raised through PEACE FOR ALL will be allocated to a number of organizations including the following:
- UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, leads international action to protect people forced to flee because of conflict and persecution.
- Save the Children is an international NGO that works to make children’s rights to survival, development, protection, and participation a reality worldwide. It was established in the UK in 1919 and is currently at work in approximately 120 countries.
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
UNIQLO will actively promote PEACE FOR ALL through in-store materials, SNS, official UNIQLO App, and the company website. Supporters of these efforts should be sure to check the special websites and in-store posters for more information.
UNIQLO continues to earnestly consider what it can do to create a future in which all people are able to live safely, as well as to bring about world peace, and make the world a little bit better. The company will continue to assist these activities and promote them further around the world.
692 total views, 2 views today