Sony announces the MDR-Z7M2, the successor to the highly acclaimed MDR-Z7 headphones. Evolving the “Sony Sound”, it inherits MDR-Z1R’s technology from the Signature Series such as the Fibonacci-patterned grill and a ?4.4mm balanced connection cable in the box. In yet another testament to Sony’s commitment to audio excellence, the MDR-Z7M2 features a wide frequency response and dynamic range and a linear plane wave, offering listeners realistic reproduction of “air” around musical instruments and voices; a three dimensional and spatial sound experience existing in a live music space. With the usage of a 70 mm HD driver along with aluminium-coated Liquid Crystal Polymer diaphragm, in which the dome is upsized and its profile optimized. The MDR-Z7M2 headphones provide refined music reproduction for listeners.
Here are the features of the MDR-Z7M2:
- The MDR-Z7M2 features newly developed driver units adopted from the MDR-Z1R which includes newly improved aluminium-coated Liquid Crystal Polymer diaphragms for natural sound with low coloration at mid-high range.
- Beat Response Control is a special acoustic port on the housing, controls air flow behind the driver and optimizes diaphragm movement when reproducing low frequencies. It improves the transient characteristics in bass sounds and delivers the rhythm in music accurately.
- Other features in the MDR-Z7M2 include the use of non-lead solder and corson alloy contacts in the jack.
- The MDR-Z7M2 comes with two different headphone cables; a standard unbalanced cable and a balanced connection cable. A screw lock-ring mechanism is used to secure the connection and enhance durability.
- Sony also recommends its cables engineered with KIMBER KABLE (sold separately). It features Sony’s excellence in headphone engineering and KIMBER KABLE’s expertise in wire design and construction, to create unique high-quality headphone cables that further improve the sound reproduction.
- For comfort, it features three dimensional sewing, ergonomically shaped ear pads, and aluminum alloy hanger and slider for a lighter weight.
- A synthetic leather headband with aluminum-alloy hanger and slider ensures the MDR-Z7M2 is light weight yet durable for years to come.
The Sony MDR-Z7M2 will be available in selected Asia Pacific countries from September 2018.
2,835 total views, 2 views today