The Alpha 7C is the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame body with uncompromising performance, featuring advanced AF (autofocus), high-resolution 4K video capabilities and more. When paired with the world’s smallest and lightest FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 standard zoom lens, this versatile combination delivers an experience unlike any other, maximising portability and versatility without sacrificing any of the power of full-frame imaging. The HVL-F28RM flash allows users to broaden their photo expressions with outstanding compactness, and an intelligent light intensity control linked to camera face detection.
New Alpha 7C: Uncompromised Full-frame Performance in a Compact Design
The new Alpha 7C combines Sony’s full-frame image quality, advanced AF capabilities and versatile video shooting functions in a stunningly light and compact design. The new camera features a 24.2MP (approx. effective) 35mm full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine, offering high sensitivity, outstanding resolution, 15-stop wide dynamic range and high-speed image data processing.
The Alpha 7C features a 5-step stabilisation effect that allows shooting snaps without a tripod. Moreover, despite the compact body, the high-capacity NP-FZ100 battery provides enough power to shoot for long durations in comfort, allowing you to capture up to an industry-leading 740 images when using the LCD monitor, or 680 images when using the viewfinder.
- Standard ISO extends up to 51,200 and is expandable to ISO 50-204,800 for low-light environment captures with low noise.
- Supports 16-bit processing and 14-bit RAW output for natural gradations.
- Real-time Tracking maintains accurate focus automatically while the shutter button is half-pressed.
- “Tracking On + AF-On” now is assignable to a custom key and can now be activated at once while the AF-ON button is pressed.
- With Real-time Eye AF for both humans and animals to achieve fast and accurate focus.
- 693-point focal-plane phase-detection AF system covering approximately 93% of the image area, with an additional 425 contrast-detection points to ensure reliable focus.
- Continuous shooting at up to 10 fps with AF/AE (autoexposure) by using a newly developed shutter unit and refined image processing system.
- Allows up to approximately 223 JPEG (Fine L) images, 115 compressed RAW images, or 45 uncompressed RAW images to be captured in one continuous burst and achieves highly accurate and reliable AF precision in light down to EV-4.
- Full-frame full-pixel readout without the need for pixel binning makes it possible to capture more than twice the amount of data required for 4K video (QFHD: 3840 x 2160), which is then oversampled to produce high quality 4K footage with exceptional detail and depth.
- Supports HDR (HLG) and S-Log/S-Gamut profiles, Slow & Quick motion, high-speed full HD recording at 120 fps and other advanced video features which offer exceptional video capabilities to capture high quality video footage.
- It has a side-opening vari-angle LCD monitor, making it easy to record selfies, overhead shots, low ground-level shots or whatever the user requires.
- The MOVIE button has been placed on the top of the camera making it easier to operate while recording in selfie mode.
- The touch panel LCD monitor is a large touch-sensitive 3.0 type with approximately 921 thousand dots, providing optimal visibility even in bright outdoor conditions, and supporting touch operations.
- It features a high-quality view mode for finer, more natural detail in addition to a 2.35 megadot (approx.) XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF.
- Wi-Fi compatible wireless-communication functions allows images and movies to be directly transferred to a smartphone or tablet for convenient sharing, viewing or saving.
- Transfer via 5GHz band (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac) so that users can select that stable and high-speed transfer with low interference.
- A USB Type-C connector that supports SuperSpeed USB 5Gbps (USB 3.2) is also provided, allowing fast transfer of images during PC remote shooting and power supply from external mobile batteries.
FE 28-60mm F4-5.6
The World’s Smallest and Lightest Full-frame Zoom Lens with High Image Quality
The new FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 offers the world’s smallest and lightest form factor in a standard zoom lens, delivering high optical performance that achieves the high-resolution depiction of full-frame everywhere in the image. Optimal arrangement of the 3 aspherical lens elements effectively suppresses aberrations throughout the zoom range and realises high resolution from corner to corner. A minimum focus distance of 0.99 foot (0.3m) (wide-angle) to 1.48 feet (0.45m) (telephoto) delivers close-up capability, making it perfect for everyday use or vlogging with a gimbal or grip.
At 167g and 66.6 mm dia. x 45 mm, along with its mechanical and optimal optical design that features a retracting structure, the FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 achieves unrivalled compactness and lightness, allowing users to easily carry it all the times. From everyday shooting to scenery, portraits and travel, it’s the ideal lens for any type of on-the-go shooting in a wide variety of environments. When combined with the Alpha 7C, the combination achieves uncompromising full-frame performance with the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame camera and lens system. Even with its compact size and light weight, the FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 is dust and moisture resistant and accepts a variety of 40.5mm filters.
The FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 delivers high-speed, high-accuracy AF allowing for Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF, using a linear motor. In addition to Sony’s advanced AF capabilities, the FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 features an internal focus design which leaves the lens length unchanged with focus motion and close-up shots, enabling users to easily capture a wide variety of content from regular movie shooting to comfortable vlogging.
Compact Flash with Light Intensity Control Linked to Camera Face Detection
The HVL-F28RM is a compact flash designed to match Sony’s mirrorless cameras for a compact, manageable system, and offers the type of reliable, stable performance that only a genuine Sony product can provide. HVL-F28RM features a 12% reduction in volume and 7% reduction in weight. This compact, easy-to-use flash unit delivers the capabilities and dependability to meet the needs of both professional and advanced amateur content creators.
The HVL-F28RM offers consistent GN28 light output, optimised light distribution and continuous flash performance that won’t interrupt the user’s workflow, as well as stable radio wireless communication and multi flash radio control. The new flash also features Sony’s newly introduced flash control linked to camera face detection advanced technology. A camera custom key can be assigned to call up the flash parameter display so that adjustments can be made while looking through the viewfinder and gripping the camera. Flash parameters are shown in the selected camera display language.
A newly developed “Metal Shoe Foot with Rugged Side Frame” that also houses the unit’s electrical contacts offers improved resistance to physical shock and impact from all the directions. The Multi Interface foot is fabricated from metal for higher strength. The HVL-F28RM also features a dust and moisture resistant design.
The HVL-F28RM also features simple, intuitive operation with minimal controls including +/- light level buttons, pairing button, test button and lock lever. Plenty of light is available for bounce applications. The flash angle can also be set as required via 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, and 120 degree click stops for easy positioning. The HVL-F28RM is powered by two AA (LR6) alkaline or NiMH batteries. A fresh pair of alkaline batteries can provide power for up to 110 continuous flashes (1/1 manual flash with alkaline batteries)
The new Alpha 7C compact full-frame camera will be available in selected countries in Asia Pacific from October 2020. The FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 zoom lens will be available in selected countries in Asia Pacific from January 2021. The HVL-F28RM flash will be available in selected countries in Asia Pacific from November 2020.
847 total views, 3 views today