Novel idea inside a sleek, minimalist gadget.
Coming from the heels of the popular Baseus Digtal LED Display Wireless Chargers comes the Smart 2-in-1 Wireless charger that boasts of 5W/7,5W/10W (max) outputs for both iPhone 8-up/Samsung S9 grade smartphones and Apple Watch (which can be charged simultaneously). It is equipped with Qi wireless charging technology, which gives a quick response and automatically charges when you put the device on to charge.
Benchmarks indicate it can charge as quick as 0.1s from the moment the unit is put down. The simple and compact design puts to memory the PSP’s of yore. Its silicone coating at the bottom prevents skidding and unnecessary slippage, and should’ve been applied all over, as I had my unit slowly slipping on an inclined surface. The box contains lightning cables with iPhone plug interface orientation, plus a manual that also indicates the charger is equipped with major safety protection features such as detections for overcharge, over voltage anti-reverse, short circuit and foreign metals.
Baseus keeps on improving in wireless charging technology, effectively eliminating the everyday hassles of tangled cables and incompatible wires. The ultimate form of these gadgets is certainly just around the corner, and I can’t wait for the day when I can pick my unit up to text or make a call — while it is STILL charging.
- Model Name: Smart 2in1 Wireless Charger
- Standard: Qi
- Material: PC + silicone
- Input: 5V/2A, 9V/1.67A (max)
- Output: 5W/7,5W/10W (max)
- Port: Lightning
- Compatibility: Smartphone with wireless charging support or Qi receiver, Apple Watch (Exception 1G 7000 series)
- Package includes: Qi charger, USB / Lightning cable (1M) / Manual
- Price: Php 1,790
Visit any of the Baseus concept stores located at: 3/F TriNoma Mall, 3/F Cyberzone, SM Southmall, 3/F Cyberzone, and SM Fairview.
- Novel idea doing away with wires & charging cables
- Sleek design, fit for mobility & travel
- Safety features are impressive
- Tendency for phones & watches to slip on inclined surfaces
- Should have had a power bank feature
Robert Javier is the bassist/vocals of the popular OPM alternative rock band The Youth. Aside from being a musician, he is also a professor, producer and sound engineer. He loves technology so much that he considers himself to be a tech geek.