BARCELONA, SPAIN — Nokia today issued the following statement from Rajeev Suri, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nokia, following a presentation he gave today to an audience of media and analysts in advance of this week’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
“Nokia arrives at Mobile World Congress as a world leader in 5G, with the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio that is available in all markets around the world. We are remarkably well-positioned with more than 20 5G contracts, and almost 100 5G engagements with customers in every region of the world. We also believe that there will be a virtuous circle of investment as networks are upgraded to meet the demands of 5G and Nokia has the right portfolio at the right time to meet that need.
In advance of Mobile World Congress, Nokia made several product announcements that further enhance and strengthen its 5G end-to-end portfolio, including:
- Nokia accelerates 5G roll out with launch of Fixed Wireless Access FastMile 5G Gateway
- Enhancements to Nokia’s packet core and radio access network solutions announced in conjunction with the industry’s first 5G Maturity Index
- Additions to Nokia’s AirScale small cells portfolio
- Enhancements to Nokia’s Anyhaul transport portfolio
- Opening a network of Cognitive Collaboration Hubs
- Expansion of Nokia’s WING offering with new IoT applications
Nokia today and in recent days also announced several deals and projects that showcase Nokia’s capabilities and innovations in 5G, such as:
- Nokia, Korea Telecom to conduct 5G trials for service automation, network virtualization and slicing
- Sony Pictures takes “Spider-Man(TM): Far From Home” to new heights with 5G powered by Nokia and Intel
- Nokia and Optus establish multiple world firsts with 5G roll out in Australia
- Nokia and Vodafone collaborate on active antennas to boost 5G radio capacity and reduce costs
- Bharti Airtel to trial Nokia’s 5G-ready fronthaul solution
Nokia anticipates issuing additional press releases during Mobile World Congress. To stay updated, please subscribe to our press release webpage.
To learn more about Nokia’s product and services portfolio at Mobile World Congress, visit the Nokia Experience Center in Hall 3, stand 3A10. Join the #MWC19 discussion and get real-time updates via Nokia’s social media channels.
1,921 total views, 3 views today