The Mobile World Congress was blown away last February 2016 when LG Electronics first unveiled the playful LG G5 and Friends, the latest addition to the global technology innovator’s renowned G Series. This breakthrough innovation bagged a record-breaking number of 33 awards at what is known to be the mobile industry’s ‘Oscars’.
Two months later, the celebrated smartphone found its way to the Philippines, making its debut in a grand launch in Shangri-La at the Fort.
LG G5 offers new innovations and features designed to revolutionize today’s mobile lifestyle:
- 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum display
- First-ever Modular Type design – encased in a sleek metal aluminum body and a Slide-out Battery (2,800mAh) which can easily swap a depleted battery with a fully charged one.
- Rear Camera: Standard 16MP (78-degree lens ), Wide 8MP (135-degree wide angle lens) / Front: 8MP
- The 135-degree lens offers a viewing angle that is approximately 1.7 times wider than those of existing smartphone cameras and 15 degrees wider than the human eye’s field of view. The wide angle lens makes it easier for users to capture more landscape, taller buildings or larger groups without having to position oneself further from the subject.
- Powerful photo effects – Pop-out Picture, Film Effect and Auto Shot.
- Always-on feature (time and date on main display even in sleep mode)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 Processor
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB UFS ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- aptX™ HD: 24-bit Hi-Fi Wireless Audio
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 – incredibly fast charging at 27 percent faster and 45 percent more efficient than the previous generation.
- Low Power Location Estimation (LPLE) Technology –enhances the battery efficiency by as much as 41.9 percent
- Available Colors: Silver / Titan / Gold / Pink
- Size: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 159g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / USB Type-C) / NFC / Bluetooth 4.2
Play More with LG G5
The prestigious event was graced by a number of prominent personalities such as Phil and James Younghusband, Ginger Conejero and more. Throughout the program, LG G5 and Friends were given ample praise by different industry experts: Qualcomm Southeast Asia Regional Head Mantosh Malhotra for the G5’s power-packed hardware, music DJ Jessica Milner for the Hi-Fi Plus with B&O Play sound accessory, and lifestyle-travel blogger Chuckie Dreyfus for the 360 CAM accessory.
Celebrity parents Doug and Cheska Kramer showed the audience why they love the LG G5 and Friends through their Rolling Bot video demonstration with their kids and pet dog. And to reinforce G5’s message “Life’s Good When You Play More”, comedic video blogger Wil Dasovich presented his collaboration with LG through a heart-warming CSR project conducted for the children at the Philippine Children Medical Center (PCMC).
“With all the smartphone brands striving for the latest technology and most functional design, LG G5 marries these concepts with the human element of rediscovering the true joy in ‘playing more’,” LGEPH Mobile Communications VP Jay Won said. “We are so excited to bring this highly anticipated and out-of-the-box flagship to the Philippines. LG G5 and Friends play a game-changing role in the smartphone industry, providing devices and opportunities that would help make the most of a consumer’s mobile lifestyle.”
The LG G5 is now available in the Philippines in gray, titan, gold and pink, retailing for PhP 34,990.00. To “play more” with the LG G5, visit lg.com/ph, like LG Mobile Philippines’ Facebook page or follow @LGPhilippines on Twitter and Instagram.
With the G5, LG is introducing a paradigm-shifting smartphone ecosystem—the LG Playground. This comes with a wide range of companion devices, aptly called LG Friends, to deliver fun while providing a new mobile experience far beyond traditional smartphone boundaries.
- LG CAM Plus
- LG 360 VR
- LG 360 CAM
- LG Rolling Bot
- LG Tone Platinum
- H3 by B&O PLAY
- H3 by B&O PLAY
- LG Hi-Fi Plus
LG CAM Plus – This is a versatile camera module that can be attached through the battery slot to deliver a comfortable grip and convenient control of a standalone camera. It provides an additional battery capacity of 1,200mAh to allow for longer shooting
LG 360 VR – This is a VR goggle that can connect to the G5 via a dedicated cable and simulate a 130-inch TV viewed from two meters away. LG 360 VR weighs only 134g and compatible with 360-degree images and videos captured with LG 360 CAM as well as all Google Cardboard content.
LG 360 CAM – This is a compact 360-degree angle camera equipped with two 13-megapixel 200-degree wide angle cameras, 1,200mAh battery and 4GB internal memory, which can be supplemented by a microSD card. It can easily connect to the LG G5 and provides 2K video and 5.1 surround channel recording on three microphones, letting users effortlessly create high-quality 360-degree contents.
LG Rolling Bot – This is a companion device that rolls like a ball while capturing images and videos with its embedded 8-megapixel camera. It can be used as a monitoring system for the home, pet care companion as well as a remote control for compatible home appliances. With an IP camera connectable via Wi-Fi, users can remotely monitor the interior of their homes with the LG G5 via live streaming.
LG Tone PlatinumTM – The LG TONE PlatinumTM (model HBS-1100), the latest in the LG TONE Series, is a Bluetooth headset that has earned the Harman Kardon® Platinum grade for its superior sound quality. It is also the world’s first Bluetooth headset equipped with aptX™ HDcodec, delivering lossless 24-bit audio for sound that is unrivalled in a wireless device.
H3 by B&O PLAY – This is a set of high-end earphones that are compatible with the high-quality sound of the LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O Designed for audiophiles, H3 by B&O PLAY works with all Android smartphones.
LG Friends Manager – This is the hub application that allows the G5 to connect with LG Friends with minimal fuss and effort. LG Friends Manager automatically detects nearby LG Friends and connects quickly and easily in three simple steps, eliminating much of the hassle of pairing devices.
LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY – This is an innovative portable Hi-Fi DAC audio player developed in collaboration with B&O PLAY to meet the needs of those who enjoy top-notch sounds that are traditionally available in high-end audio devices.
More Friends Coming In
Expect more of LG Friends that will be available for you to play more such as the LG Rally Keyboard, LG Mini Beam (Projector) and LG Music Flow.
6,312 total views, 7 views today