Summer is finally here! As we put our fans at max power and wipe the sweat off of our faces, motorists should be reminded that cars also need a break under this relentless heat, says Prestone Philippines, the leading manufacturer of cutting-edge coolants and brake fluids in the country.
With authorities keeping NCR Plus (Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal) and three other areas under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine until May 14, Prestone encourages motorists to do the necessary preparations and keep their cars in its best shape for a safer journey.
However, one crucial car part you need to check, especially this season, is your car’s brake system. When checking every part of your brake system, remember the importance of brake fluids since it keeps the brake system’s moving parts lubricated, metal components protected from corrosion, and hoses and seals remain in good condition.
Brake fluids are also susceptible to scorching heat. It can lead to unwanted water absorption to the fluid –its arch-nemesis. When brake fluids absorb water, it can decrease their boiling point and heighten the risk of a spongy feeling in the pedal or complete brake failure.
Worn-out brake fluid can also endanger vehicles with Auto-Brake Systems (ABS) since its components are sensitive to moisture. So, make sure to keep your brake fluid fresh and use the best-quality, assuring product that’s perfect for your car.
Prestone’s DOT 4 Synthetic Hi-Temp Brake Fluid is built for systems that require high-temperature DOT 4 brake fluid. It exceeds specifications, with dry boiling point of >260C and wet boiling point of >165C, providing unmatched performance in high-temperature braking systems which provides corrosion protection for all metals within the braking system. It is suitable for disk, drum, and ABS brakes and compatible with most car models in the market now.
Beyond brake system care, give your vehicles double protection from the summer heat with the Prestone’s new Asian Ready-to-Use Coolant Range, coming in three variants: Asian RED, Asian BLUE, and Asian GREEN. It is specially formulated with POAT (Phosphate Organic Acid Technology) formula that best suits your specific car make and model, providing superior boil over and corrosion protection.
SWITCH TO HEAT-FREE ECOTANK PRINTERS
Other than your car’s brake system, remember to check your car’s BLOCBAGETS to make sure you are extra safe on the road, such as:
- Brake Fluid – Ensure only genuine and quality brake fluid is in your system for reliable braking power.
- Lights – Make sure all car lights from headlights, taillights, and turn signals are bright clear.
- Oil – Check on your car’s oil and other fluids to make sure it is fresh and at the right level.
- Coolant – Fill your engine with the right coolant to avoid over heating.
- Battery – Remember to keep your car battery fully charged, clean and properly installed.
- Air – Ensure that your tires have the right air pressure to be ready for a steady ride.
- Gas – Make sure your car has fresh gas and a full tank of it.
- Engine – Make sure it works smoothly consistently without weird sounds.
- Tires – Check your tires any signs of flatness to avoid road incidents.
- Self – Last but not the least, make sure you have the right mindset, and you are well rested when driving on the road.
Prestone also wants to remind motorists to stay cautious with the products they use on their vehicles, especially brake fluids that are possibly old or counterfeit. Using fake brake fluids can permanently damage or overheat your vehicle’s engine and cause it to lose its brake, leading to accidents.
Watch out for sellers offering products that come from unknown sources and with suspicious prices and discounts. To know its authenticity, check the product’s details, look for any imperfections, and ensure it has a PS mark or ICC stickers issued by the Philippines’ Bureau of Product Standards. Many counterfeit products also have 900ml packaging.
To know more information about Prestone Philippines, visit their website, https://www.prestone.com.ph/ and follow their Facebook page, Prestone Philippines.
1,576 total views, 2 views today