Garmin Philippines announced its Instinct Tactical Edition, a rugged, outdoor GPS smartwatch with tactical functionality. The Instinct Tactical Edition adds enhanced features of Garmin’s tactix series including night-vision compatibility mode, Jumpmaster, dual-position GPS formatting, preloaded tactical activity, and waypoint projection. The Instinct Tactical Edition also includes a new stealth mode for off-grid functionality.
- Includes multiple features specific to tactical operations including Jumpmaster and tactical preloaded activities, projected waypoints, dual-position GPS formatting, and night-vision compatibility. For airborne operations, use Jumpmaster for three jump types: HAHO, HALO, and Static. Set the watch to dual-positioning mode, and the watch will simultaneously display two sets of coordinate systems, such as MGRS and latitude/longitude, on a single data screen. When night vision mode is activated, the backlight settings of the screen will reduce to a level that won’t interfere with the function of night vision goggles.
- Enabling stealth mode prevents storage and sharing of GPS position and disables wireless comms. When operating in stealth mode, GPS location position is visible on device; however, locations are not saved to device memory or shared.
- The Instinct Tactical Edition is constructed to military standards (MIL-STD-810G) for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters) with a fiber-reinforced polymer case.
- Features multiple GNSS satellite networks to help track a user’s location in more challenging environments than with just GPS alone. Before venturing out, use the Garmin Explore™ app to plan the trip in advance and when it’s time to head back to camp, the TracBack feature on the watch can navigate the same route back to the original starting point.
- Keep track of heart rate, steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned and more. When paired with a compatible smartphone, Instinct Tactical Edition users can leave their phone packed away and protected while they receive smart notifications like texts, emails, and other alerts right on the wrist. The Instinct Tactical Edition is also compatible with other Garmin devices including inReach Mini and dog devices. The Instinct Tactical Edition features a battery life of up to 14 days in smartwatch mode, up to 16 hours in GPS mode, and up to 40 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode.
Pricing and Availability
The Instinct Tactical Edition is available in four colour options – Black, Coyote Tan, Camo – Graphite and Camo – Coyote Tan at a suggested retail price of PHP 21,995 at Garmin Brand Stores, Department and Retail Stores
- Rustan’s Makati – Glorietta Makati
- Rustan’s Shang- Shangri-La Plaza Mandaluyong
- Rustan’s Alabang – Ayala Town Center Alabang
- Rustan’s Gateway – Gateway Mall Quezon City
- Rustan’s Cebu – Ayala Center Cebu
- Meridian Glorietta – Glorietta 4 Makati
- Meridian Newport – Newport Mall Pasay
- Watch Republic MOA – Mall of Asia Pasay
- Watch Republic Ermita – Robinsons Place Ermita
- Washington Shangri-La – Shangri-La Plaza Mandaluyong
- Washington Rockwell- Powerplant Mall Makati
- SM MOA Department Store – Pasay
- SM MAKATI Department Store – Makati SM Department Store
- Olympic Village Trinoma
- Olympic Village Glorietta
- Olympic Village Atc
- Olympic Village Cebu
- ROX Bhs, Taguig
- ROX The Bay
- ROX The Block
- ROX Nuvali
- TOBY’S Flagship BGC
- TOBY’S Glorietta
- RUNNR BHS
- RUNNR Trinoma
- RUNNR ATC
- Chris Sports Robinson’s Manila
- Chris Sports Glorietta
- URBAN BHS
- URBAN Ayala VERTIS North
- URBAN Ayala 30th
- URBAN SOLENAD Mall
1,408 total views, 3 views today