Garmin Philippines has launched the new Forerunner 255 series, which builds upon the popular Forerunner 245 series, now providing full triathlon support, new training metrics, enhanced smartwatch features (when paired with a smartphone) and more, while introducing the Forerunner 255S and Forerunner 255S Music in a more compact 41mm sized case.
“Garmin always innovates with the athlete in mind,” says Mr. Scoppen Lin, Assistant General Manager, Garmin Asia. “With the Forerunner 255 series, we have always wanted to ensure that our customers are provided with the best tools that will help them improve their performance and achieve their goals.”
“What makes this series special is that the Forerunner 255 was designed by runners for runners, providing our customers– our athletes with everything they need right on their wrist,” says Sheena Sim, Regional Marketing Manager for Garmin Philippines. “So instead of you figuring out how to analyze the data on your own, you’ll have your smartwatch, providing the insights for you.”
Here’s what’s new:
- Full triathlon support: Switch up a workout routine with triathlon and multisport activity profiles. During races and brick workouts, easily toggle between sports with a single button press.
- Morning report: Receive the day’s weather and daily workout suggestion, as well as information about last night’s sleep and HRV status.1 The report can even be customized so athletes can view only the details they want to see.
- Race widget: View race prep information – including a race day-specific performance prediction, race day weather and a countdown clock – all in one widget. Once a race is scheduled, daily suggested workouts will adapt based on an athlete’s race plans.
- HRV status: Track heart rate variability while sleeping to get a better handle on recovery and an overall wellness picture.
- Daily workout suggestions: Provides an entire week of day-to-day training guidance on what workout is most effective for overall wellness and will adapt based on race plans that are set up using the new race widget.
- Garmin Coach: Train for a 5K, 10K or half-marathon with free training plans that adapt based on a runner’s goals and performance.
- Multi-band GPS: Garmin’s reliable GPS accuracy just got better. By enabling multi-band, multi-satellite-system tracking on the watch, athletes can receive more accuracy in their run data, even in the most challenging environments.
- Native running power: When using a Running Dynamics Pod (sold separately), receive real-time metrics of how much power is being exerted on a run, built into the watch – no app required.
Offering personalized training and recovery insights, the Forerunner 255 series includes performance monitoring tools to help athletes push the limits. Athletes can also switch up workouts with dozens of built-in sports apps, including triathlon, cycling, pool and open-water swimming, track run, and more. The series also features a Wrist-based Pulse Ox3 and the Body Battery™ which shows current energy levels to help athletes find the best times for activity and rest. It also aids women by featuring menstrual cycle tracking and pregnancy tracking, helping them adjust their training to plan for upcoming races.
Whether working out alone or with friends, built-in safety and tracking features include incident detection, assistance and LiveTrack to let loved ones follow along on a run or ride. Following a workout, the Forerunner 255 series will automatically upload activities to Garmin Connect, a no-cost, subscription-free platform where athletes can view all of their health and fitness data, connect and compete with friends, sign up for challenges and more.
Packed with connected features, the Forerunner 255 series lets users get the most out of their smartwatch with smart social and SMS notifications, as well as built-in music that can store up to 500 songs from Spotify®.
The Forerunner 255 and Forerunner 255S is now available at Garmin Brand Stores, kinetic.com.ph, Lazada, Shopee and the Garmin PH Viber Community, and retails for P21,975 while the Forerunner 255 Music is also available for P25,115. With any purchase of the Forerunner 255 series from any official Garmin store, customers can avail of a 20% discount voucher for ASICS. Terms and conditions apply while stocks last.
For more information on the Forerunner 255 series, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at ph.garmin.com/news/pressroom and on our blog at garmin.com/en-PH/blog. For other promos, follow us at Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
859 total views, 2 views today