Fujitsu announces the availability of its next-generation turnkey appliance for disk-based backup, the Fujitsu Storage ETERNUS CS800 S7 data protection appliance with integrated deduplication. It combines enterprise-class performance with flexible scalability and is competitively priced, making it an ideal choice for customers who need reliable and cost-effective data protection for small- to medium-sized backup environments.
Features of the ETERNUS CS800:
- Offers disk-based backup with automated deduplication and remote replication for maximum data protection.
- Performance is boosted by up to approximately 40 percent in comparison to the previous generation model, and a single ETERNUS CS800 is now scalable from 16TB up to 640TB of net usable capacity.
- Leverages the Veeam Data Mover Service, enabling Veeam advanced features.
- Veeam Instant VM Recovery, allows users to restore a virtual machine by running it directly from the backup file, helping to minimize system downtime.
- Provides parallel support for leading backup software such as Commvault and Veritas, including NetBackup support for Veritas OST features.
- Synthetic full processing can be offloaded to the ETERNUS CS800 S7, allowing fast backup and recovery processes, while also reducing demands on client devices, backup servers and networks.
- Provides even higher input/output speeds, selected backup software can run directly on ETERNUS CS800 S7 in a virtual machine, a process which also eliminates the need for investments in additional hardware, such as media servers.
- Customers can easily implement highly-efficient and secure 3-2-1 data protection strategies with online and offline as well as multi-site backups, using the ETERNUS CS800 S7 in combination with tape systems such as the Fujitsu ETERNUS LT.
- The easy-to-use, integrated path-to-tape feature ensures ongoing availability and fast access to critical data and helps protect against data loss due to system failure or data corruption via ransomware.
Pricing and availability
Fujitsu Storage ETERNUS CS800 S7 is released today (May 30), directly from Fujitsu and via Fujitsu SELECT channel partners. Prices and initial availability vary by region, model and configuration.