ExtraHop, the leader in cloud-native network detection and response published, “The Role of NDR in Your Security Strategy,” a new white paper detailing a technology blueprint for effective network detection and response (NDR) to help organizations improve their security posture. This must-read report shares five key capabilities to help CISOs and IT security leaders derive greater value from their security strategy.
Today, more and more organizations are looking to NDR to strengthen their security posture and overcome a range of visibility and resource challenges associated with traditional endpoint detection and response (EDR) and security information and event management (SIEM) solutions. The Gartner® Market Guide for Network Detection & Response, December 2022, finds, “The network detection and response (NDR) market continues to grow steadily at 22.5%, per the latest Gartner security forecast, despite increased competition from other platforms.”
As the market becomes more crowded, the white paper aims to provide IT and security teams with a greater understanding of what NDR is, how it works, and what makes for a successful implementation, so organizations can extract immediate and lasting value. Readers will walk away with a greater understanding of the technical capabilities required for an NDR strategy to confidently move forward in their cybersecurity journey.
The five key capabilities include:
1. Cloud-scale machine learning: Utilize cloud-scale machine learning to ensure all environments are secure, without slowing business down.
2. Continuous and on-demand packet capture (PCAP): Look for solutions that offer both continuous and on-demand PCAP.
3. Internal traffic decryption: Ensure you have the ability to decrypt internal traffic across a range of protocols to detect attackers earlier in the attack cycle.
4. Clear intuitive workflows: Streamline investigations with clear, intuitive, and automated workflows to more easily understand the data.
5. Automated asset discovery: Automate managed and unmanaged asset discovery to discover new devices as soon as they communicate.
To learn more, download “The Role of NDR in Your Security Strategy” and read the blog.
216 total views, 2 views today