Dell Technologies expands its high performance computing (HPC) portfolio, offering powerful solutions to help organizations quickly innovate with confidence. With a range of new offers, Dell delivers technologies and services to help customers power demanding applications while making HPC capabilities more accessible to businesses.
Dell PowerEdge servers champion advanced modeling and datasets
New Dell PowerEdge servers help organizations embrace AI and HPC initiatives to generate faster, smarter outcomes. Designed in collaboration with Intel and NVIDIA, the new systems use Smart Cooling technology and enable organizations to harness AI for model training, HPC modeling and simulation, core-to-edge inferencing and data visualization.
- PowerEdge XE9680 – Dell’s first high performance 8x GPU server leverages eight NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPUs or NVIDIA A100 Tensor Core GPUs, resulting in optimal performance, in an air-cooled design. The server combines two upcoming 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors and eight NVIDIA GPUs, to help deliver maximum performance for AI workloads.
- PowerEdge XE9640 – Next-generation 2U performance optimized 4x GPU PowerEdge server, combining Intel Xeon processors and Intel Data Center GPU Max Series. With fully direct liquid cooling, the system is designed to reduce energy costs with greater rack density.
- PowerEdge XE8640 – Air-cooled 4U performance optimized 4x GPU server featuring four NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPUs and NVIDIA NVLink technology, along with two upcoming 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors. Designed to help businesses develop, train and deploy machine learning models to accelerate and automate analysis.
“As the world’s largest privately-held cloud computing company, with 27 cloud data center locations globally, it’s essential that we deploy technology to support the most demanding AI, machine learning, and high-performance computing workloads,” said J.J. Kardwell, CEO of Constant, the creator of Vultr. “Dell PowerEdge XE9680 servers with the NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPU and A100 Tensor Core GPU will provide the capabilities needed to deliver maximum performance and value.”
Adopt quantum technologies more easily into existing infrastructure
With the Dell Quantum Computing Solution, organizations can begin to take advantage of accelerated compute through quantum technology. This solution helps customers quickly develop algorithmic approaches to complex use cases and accelerate chemistry and materials simulation, natural language processing, and machine learning.
This scalable, hybrid classical-quantum platform uses the Dell classic quantum simulator built on PowerEdge servers. Together with IonQ quantum technology, the solution integrates quantum computing into existing classical computational infrastructure. Fully integrated Qiskit Dell Runtime and IonQ Aria software allow quantum workloads to run with on-premises or cloud-based quantum acceleration.
Implement HPC for faster, more efficient risk assessment
The fast-paced global financial industry needs access to technologies that can provide measurable returns on investments. New Dell Validated Design for HPC – Risk Assessment runs data-intensive simulations on HPC systems, including GPU-accelerated Dell PowerEdge servers, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and NVIDIA Bright Cluster Manager® software, to look at large volumes of historical and real-time data to analyze risk and return faster.
The validated design offers financial services institutions optimal configurations for system performance and efficiency. These configurations are designed, validated and tuned for this specific use case by Dell HPC engineers and workload experts. The result is modular IT building blocks that offer simplified design, configuration and ordering more quickly with a single point of contact for services.
- Dell PowerEdge XE9680, XE8640 and XE9640 have planned global availability in the first half of 2023.
- Dell Validated Design for HPC – Risk Assessment is available globally now.
4,111 total views, 2 views today