SM Supermalls marks the celebration of the 121st Philippine Independence Day with an exhibit that celebrates Pinoy fashion and freedom in collaboration with the world’s most iconic doll, Barbie for the Filipina Beauty with Barbie exhibit happening at The Block – SM North EDSA from June 3 to 13 – featuring a collection of Barbie dolls wearing locally designed fashion couture.
Here are five reasons why you should check out SM’s Pinoy Barbie exhibit:
- A fashion experience like no other. Witness an exhibit of Barbie dolls dressed in mixed contemporary high-fashion and streetwear inspired by the country’s rich culture, tradition, and heritage!
- Filipino fashion designers in action. Be amazed by a collection of exclusive designs made the country’s sought-after Filipino fashion designers — Rajo Laurel, Mak Tumang, John Herrera, Anthony Ramirez, and Martin Bautista among others.
- A handiwork of expert Filipino doll artists. The Barbie collection will be “dolled up” using the skills and craftsmanship of remarkable doll artists—Alvin Dave Ocampo, Christopher Flores, Eric Benito, Arvy Labrador, Marc Vandro, and Precious Juliet Mirafuentes.
- A design competition on contemporary couture. In collaboration with the promising talents of Fashion Institute of the Philippines, Institute of Creative Entrepreneurship Fashion Arts Design, and Fashion Designers Alliance, the exhibit will showcase Barbie doll outfits made of indigenous and recyclable materials.
- There’s a Catriona-inspired Barbie! Be in awe of the gowns that made history on-stage. Pageant fans may laud over a one-of-a-kind Barbie collection inspired by the Queens of the world of Pageantry including Ms. Universe 2018 Catriona Gray and Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach.
Catch the Philippine archipelago gala exhibit from June 3 to 13 at The Block – SM City North EDSA. For more information, visit www.smsupermalls.com.
312 total views, 9 views today